To find out more information about us and our wide range of services, start by checking out our Services Page. For a free quote for any one of our services, please fill in our quotation form and we will get back to you with a quote immediately.
Electrical Testing Services in Brighton & Hove
Electrical testing, including but not limited to PAT (portable appliance testing) is absolutely crucial to prevent avoidable, life-threatening incidents created by faulty electrical equipment.
In addition to saving lives, regular electrical testing is also a legal necessity for workplaces to comply with legislation designed to protect businesses and their employees.
Landlords and homeowners are also required to have their properties tested to avoid damage and comply to health and safety standards.
Why electrical testing is important
Electrical equipment can deteriorate over time or can become broken without you necessarily knowing about it. In addition, appliances can be misused or installed incorrectly.
Routine electrical testing can identify these issues quickly and efficiently, so any fixes or replacements can be initiated promptly to prevent electrical shock, burning or even fire.
Choose Mack Electrical for your electrical testing needs
All of our local electricians are NICEIC qualified (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting).
NICEIC is a regulatory body with the primary purpose of protecting you from the dangers of unsafe electrical equipment. We ensure that we are fully NICEIC compliant by staying up to date with the latest regulations.
Our team is also accredited by the Contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) that also requires we stay updated on the rules that keep you, your family or your employees safe. We are also fully insured to protect all parties.
Full electrical assessments
Here at Mack Electrical, we leave no stone unturned. We can provide a full electrical assessment of your premises to ensure all equipment is safe, putting your mind at ease.
Not sure what electrical testing your business, home or portfolio property requires? Our professional electricians can help.
Testing & Certification
Once testing of your electrics is complete, we also provide certificates and condition reports for your records.
Our Electrical Testing Services
We provide the following electrical testing services to businesses, individuals, landlords and managing agents across Brighton & Hove.
- Annual testing and NICEIC certifications required by law.
- Landlord certificates to protect tenants as well as preventing any fines or injury claims from disgruntled tenants. All of our electrical equipment testing also makes certain that landlords are adhering to safety obligations laid out in The Housing Act 2004, Electrical Equipment Safety Regulations 1994 and The Landlord & Tenant Act 1985.
- Earthing, bonding and wiring to IEE (Institution of Electrical Engineers)
- Installation certificates are provided as standard with all electrical installations we carry out.
- Periodic electrical inspections and reports, compliant with the 17th Edition British Standard BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations. On domestic buildings, this inspection is required once every 10 years, while commercial buildings must be inspected every 5 years. 20% of inspections, however, are required annually. But we’ll let you know if this is the case!
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) – ensuring all your electrical appliances are in good working condition by conducting visual inspections as well as electronic tests.
Speak to a qualified electrician today to find out what electrical tests are required for your home, office or rental properties. Call 01273 775 518 now.